Thursday, May 24, 2012

When you run out of tomorrows

Well, for quite some time now I have been tossing around the idea of starting something on my own, like my own home business. The issue has always been the fear of losing my time and money that I rarely just have in excess and really the fear of failure.
I know myself well, I can totally admit my short comings and at the same point I recognize my strong points. So although I have a million ideas of things I would love to own and grow - none of them seemed to be just right. They either required a huge leap of faith, a ton of money, or something else I just do not have and cannot come by too easily.
So, I had messed around with the idea of child jewelry, hand crafted personalized etc. But I find that this has been something many people have done and that would make it harder to get anywhere with - does that mean I won't do it? No, I will do it but not right now, not my first venture.
If you know me personally, you know I am majorly indecisive, I can make decisions for everyone else but not for myself. Probably because I rarely like to hear good advice lol
You also know, I am a perfectionist with things I do. When I start something I must finish it as soon as possible and it must be perfect.
So starting this project is a major step for me, because I know how I am and how hard I am to deal with - even if I am only dealing with me lol
After much thought, I settled on an idea that I am very passionate about. I am going to start with chocolate lollipops. I can make them to order for birthday parties, as characters etc or I can make them for baby showers, or gift arrangements.
I took a nice little online course on how to make chocolate candy, I am super excited at all the ways I can expand this and grow the business and be able to be very creative.
I plan on using a high quality chocolate and going from there.
I will definitely update with photos and hopefully my friends will want to sample some of my treats and help me spread the word.
I have put this all off for long enough, I am not getting younger so I feel like now is my time.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment