Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My never ending job hunt and the car loan from hell

Well, that is the last two months in a nut shell.. First of all I had been working as a merchandiser then they cut my hours not because of lack of work but because of incompetent management. So I went looking for another job, I found a job (Daniels Sharpsmart), interviewed and got it. We discussed hours in the interview and on the phone when offered the position. She demanded I start immediately, my other job did not accept the 2 week notice because it could not be in their typical hours. So, I started and on the first day I got fired because she apparently wanted to hire a part time person but wanted me to work 8 hours a day with out ever asking or telling me so. I went in to do 'paperwork' and they made me start working with no background checks or anything done yet, so since it was suppose to be a 4 hour a day job I asked if it was time to go since it had been four hours, she said ok and I left then I get home and get a call saying she thinks my family obligations won't work with what she needs. First of all she never told me I was going to work that day, second of all she never asked me if I could work later and lastly she should have hired someone two weeks earlier since they were trying to meet a deadline for Wednesday. How unprofessional of her, to make me quit my job and then fire me. I have three kids to feed. I am shocked at how she handled it, she apologized a hundred times but it was still and still is a HUGE problem for me, I am still looking for work and that was a month ago.
It is not easy to find early morning part time work, I am very limited because I have to care for my kids.
This is a nightmare.
Now onto my second nightmare. This one is another big ordeal.
Are you ready for this?
Okay, that car loan I mentioned in a previous post just won't go away.
I went to get a car loan, they could only get me approved one place and it happened to be where I had a previous repossession (thanks to the irresponsibility of a 'friend') and they insisted on adding the balance of that loan into the 'acquisition fees', they told me that it would help my credit by zeroing out that old loan and get rid of the repossession. This is through Santander.
So I agreed, even though the interest is almost 20%, I am fully aware that people with bad credit get screwed coming and going.
Now here we are two months later and they never applied that extra $881 in fees to cover that old loan. They are claiming ignorance, the finance rep who got the loan for me has been calling and they are refusing to move the money around saying that nothing was notated about that. So, I am paying interest on top of money they pocketed and never applied where they were suppose to apply it.
The car was only 10,995 and the loan after all their fees including that $881 is close to 14k.
I will say this, I will fight this as much as I can but it is like fighting a giant so I don't know how far I will get, lesson learned - Never trust anyone, get everything in writing and NEVER work with Santander again. EVER.
How can a bank justify charging fees in addition to that high of interest, it is very unfair and taking full advantage of a person in a bad situation.
So those are my two headaches, I am battling them both everyday. I seem to be a person who cannot catch a break, anything that can happen or things you think could never happen ALWAYS happen to me.
I must have a target on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment